Why hello there newbie!
Welcome to my blog – I’m Jo and this is a peek inside my world through the lens of my iphone… get it? iCurvy.
I blog about clothes – fashion trends, bargain hunting, styling, and the occasional tid-bit about my life. From more about me – head on over the page dedicated to the very subject : About Me
So what’s there to do around here?
I buy stuff – then post about it. Sizing reviews, fit guides, sales, photos of a ‘me’ shaped person in the clothes. It’s all here. Well – not on this page – but generally here on the blog. Just click iReview and you can read it all and window shop to your heart’s content!
I love participating in Fashion and Style Challenges.
Each November I run a fashion challenge – Shop What You Got – where you style and restyle a capsule collection of just 30 items for the month of November. It’s a great way to flex your styling muscles and get you thinking about the clothes you already own instead of always looking for something new. Read more about Shop What You Got here.
I participate in the Aussie Curves Challenges – Aussie Curves, founded by Dani from Danimezza.com is a plus size weekly fashion challenge for fashionistas from Australia and New Zealand.
Want to read my Aussie Curves Posts? Click Aussie Curves
If you’re looking to jump right into reading some posts – let me know what you’re in the mood for…
Fashion style and outfits
- iWear and iReview will have plenty to get you started
- Wednesday’s Wild about… Look at hot trends, how I wear them and where you can find them
- Wear It Her Way – is where I take items from the back of my closet that don’t get as much wear as they should – I search for some outfit pinspiration (on Pinterest) and recreate outfit ideas…
More about me
- What is an Inbetweenie? is a great place to start as I talk about what the term means to me… Who knows – maybe you are one too!
- I’ve lost a lot of weight and people are always interested in the story. I initially wrote this post focussed more on my journey with body acceptance, but recently shared the whole health journey here.
More about my life
- I sometimes share my ‘mum’ moments – well, because of you don’t laugh, you cry. Read a funny little story about humility here. Ok, poo, it’s about poo.
- My Wedding and My Trash the Dress – I got married in Fiji in 2010 and who doesn’t love gawking at wedding pics!
- I had a birth photographer when I had my daughter, Indigo. It was an incredible experience and I shared some images here.
Shopping tips and life hacks
- There is an Inbetweenie Shopping Guide under construction at the moment. Stay tuned for that one folks!!
- I’ve done a few How-To guides including How To Host a Clothes Swap. I had so much fun doing mine and I can’t encourage you enough to host one of your own!
- You might also find something interesting in my Tips and Tricks Tuesday series – I’ve got everything from Making your own DIY Jewellery Storage Wall to Making oriental dumpling from leftover roast pork to How to use Instagram for Style Inspiration… It’s a random bunch so hopefully you’ll find something that floats your boat!